Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blast-Off Truck

Saturday mission: Find the Blast-Off truck!

Come lunch time, the Blast-Off truck was nowhere to be found. (Side note: Should I be following food trucks on Twitter?)

Fast forward to 10:21 pm. The Blast-Off truck is seen rolling down Winchester Blvd. Starts up orders at 10:40ish and then we arrived here...


K. ordered the Pulled Pork Grilled on Texas toast. The pork was a bit overly salted with a sweet aftertaste. Overall the pork was overshadowed by bad judgement in seasoning. 
I ordered the Soft Shell Crab. Shrimp and a full but hardly seasoned soft shell crab were stuffed in between a Hawaiian sweet bun.
We also shared an Asteroid (fried ball of mac n' cheese). I had really anticipated this but, like both of our sandwiches, it also failed me in the taste department. The best part of it was the bit of gruyere stuffed in the middle. Although when we quickly ate that part up, there wasn't much left to be desired. 

Without much more to say, the Blast-Off Truck was not a hit with K. and I. With the growing popularity of food truck culture, most food trucks that I have tried are mediocre at best. I hope they don't all skimp out on quality, relying on a trend to fuel their businesses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment