Saturday, April 14, 2012

San Pedro Square Farmers' Market

And so it begins! The weather truly makes for a lovely day to be out and about. 

Mom, K., and I stopped downtown for the farmers' market and grabbed some lunch as well. The market wasn't as crowded as I expected, even though it's been around for a while. The new building on the other hand, was jam-packed. It's a nice change. People are coming out of winter hibernation! 

So the San Pedro Square Market looks as if it's (almost) finally done. There are one or two spaces that are still under construction, but other than that, businesses are all up and running.

I tried the grilled pork banh mi from On A Roll, and it tasted like bun thit nuong (grilled meat with vermicelli) but on a bun! 


I was trying to focus my new camera when the gentleman making crepes said, "No pictures!" in a very serious tone. So I pointed my camera away and had to refocus when he was only kidding...-.- 

 There's this tinyyy grocery store located in the other building behind the Peralta Adobe. No frills, just the basics. Reminds me of New York. 
 The colors of rhubarb looked amazing. They would make for a very pretty pie. 


The Blast-off Truck was a no-go today. Turns out there is not a regular food truck event on Saratoga Avenue every Saturday, but they will be in Campbell later tonight. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment