Monday, May 14, 2012

Chego

This is my most exciting Los Angeles post so far. Seriously.

If food trucks served food as good as this, I'd be an avid follower. 

Dora took Julie and I to Chego, an Asian-fusion favorite of hers in Culver City. 



Ooey Gooey Fries - sour cream sambal, melting monterey jack and cheddar cheese, cotija, chillies, cilantro, and pickled garlic
The fries were oh so crispy. I think they were lightly battered before fried. 



The Chego Burger: Exhibit A - 1/2 pound grass fed burger, cheese, coconut mayo, chili sauce, fried shallots, wild arugula, Thai basil and pineapple
Oh. Dear. God. Easily THE best burger I've had anywhere. I loved the addition of Thai basil. It just made the burger that much more distinct. The grass fed beef was heavenly and cooked medium-rare, just how I like it. Halfway through, I was still trying to catch my breath. Every morsel was so delicious. Alas, I tried to finish up most of it but could not. 



Oh yeah...We got to meet Roy Choi, executive chef of Chego! I was really excited. I'm still excited to share this with you! He was really cool and down to earth. This was as close as I've ever been to meeting someone famous. Hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment