Sunday, March 18, 2012

Back to Reality.

I'm one of those people who are in perpetual vacation mode. At the start of any vacation, I'm so excited about the boundless possibilities that I never consider it ending any time soon. The moment when it really hits me that my time on cloud nine is over?

When the goods finally run out.

The gentleman sitting next to me on the plane probably raised an eyebrow (or two) as I kept taking out snacks from my small brown goodie bag. Seriously, he must've thought I had Mary Poppins' bottomless carpetbag.


I was unabashed. That goes without saying. Haha. Who could resist the lovechild of a pretzel and croissant from The City Bakery? A crispy yet flakey croissant with the insides of a soft pretzel, sprinkled with rock salt and sesame seeds. It was also made from whole wheat to boot! Sigh*...

A couple doors down was Tarallucci e Vino. My lucky day... Of course, I had to drop in. And so was the start of a seemingly inconspicuous brown bag that made my heart flutter with joy. 

Pan au Chocolat. Just enough bittersweet chocolate. Incredibly light with crisp flakiness that held its shape. Heaven. BEST I've had so far. 



No comments:

Post a Comment