Friday, March 16, 2012

Rice to Riches

Of the many things that I miss about New York, rice pudding is somewhere on the top of the list. 

I accidentally stumbled upon Rice to Riches when looking for something to satisfy my sweet tooth after dinner in the West Village. 

Among the plethora of options, I chose Man-Made Mascarpone and Cherries without much hesitation. After all, when do I ever sway toward an original flavor anyway? It was around 11pm once I got back to a friend's apartment but as soon as I picked up a spoon, I couldn't stop eating! One word: Heavenly. 

So of course, with New York being on the other (dare I say better?) side of the country, my only choice was to make it for myself. I followed this recipe from Daisy's World and so far, it fits the bill! The pudding at Rice to Riches had a somewhat heavy aftertaste of condensed milk. I was worried that reducing milk, cream, and sugar would not produce the exact same taste but, lo and behold, it did! Now I have enough rice pudding to last me tomorrow, the next day, and probably the majority of next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment